2.9.09

Oh the Places You Will Go


It happened like it always does. My throat tightens, my skin tingles, as if relinquishing its hold upon the rest of my body. I knew it would happen like this, was losing sleep in anticipation of this moment. And just when I couldn't take another moment of this perpetual waiting game of incessant preparation, I find myself in a rush of panic, wondering how the moment swooped by so suddenly and caught me completely dumbstruck and unaware.

And then I did it. I let slip the final goodbye. I'll never forget their eyes as I drug my luggage over the line they could not cross. Sitting here on a plane headed to London, floating just above a blanket of whiteness that seemed so far out of reach just moments ago, I realize that the long-awaited moment is finally here: I am London bound.



No comments:

Post a Comment